Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Traveling through snow

slurpee snowLast night Kansas City was served it's first snow of the year like an unflavored slurpee from the sky. And just like 7-11 the sky was open all night. Apparently this same snow storm moved east today and landed on Chicago, the city I have a connection through to get home. I'm sitting in the Kansas City airport being told that all flights are being delayed a minimum of two hours. I knew flying the day before Thanksgiving was not going to be fun and that has certainly held true.

On the brighter side I went back to the 75th Street Brewery for lunch today and really enjoyed the beer this time. But what I enjoyed the most was the apple cobbler. It was simply amazing.
Kansas City's first snow

3 comments:

cedia said...

How upsetting... especially on a holiday.

btw, Thanks for posting up your pic. :)

cedia said...

Or has that always been there?

Jay said...

Hey Cedia, the pic has been there all along. I made it home in time to still see everyone.