Saturday, November 13, 2004

It's never too cold for the zoo

first snowfallI woke up this morning to find that we had our first snow of the year. I believe the very next thought after "Wow, there's snow." was "I hope my parents flight got out alright." (Jay suddenly realizes that he never followed through on that thought and checks the flight status at the airlines website.) Not to worry they'll be landing in Cancun in about an hour. Right on top of the concern for my parents was concern for my own flight tomorrow, but I doubt there will be any problem with that.

I started out dreading this trip. I'm being sent there with a promise to our clients in Missouri that I can fix all of their issues with our product. I was the one that installed this product for these clients in the first place, which is a little positive and a little negative. The positive part is that I know exactly what to expect at each place. The negative part is that I know exactly what to expect at each place.

One of these places had one problem after the other when I was installing this originally. In fact this will be the third time I visit this particular client. Another place has a CEO that is fairly demanding. Now that I'm thinking about it the other three places don't worry me much.

Here's the new positive light that's shining on this trip. This last week I had to update two local clients with the same product. One of those clients was an absolutely train wreck the first go around, but was a dream this time (this will actually have it's own post). I was done with the other client in about half a day. This means that for the first two places that I'm going to, where I scheduled two days at each, I very well could end up with some free time.

What could I do with some free time? Well, I was talking to my boss yesterday about the trip and how I'm looking forward to going back to the Kansas City Zoo. She mentions that St. Louis has a really nice zoo. St. Louis happens to be the first place I'm going, is one of the places I've scheduled two days for and is one of the places that I didn't have many problems with the first time I was there. How awesome would it be if I was able to visit two zoo's during one business trip? How cool is my boss that I can tell her that if the client doesn't need me the second day I'm taking it off and going to the zoo?

One thing that I can definitely bank on is that I'll be going to the Kansas City Zoo while I'm there over the weekend and this time I'll have a camera to take pictures of those crazy kangaroos.

Jay

Watch a baby rhino being born.

3 comments:

cedia said...

O Damn! Mamma Rhino had no problems with spitting that baby out. Geeze.

It would be nice if my job included travel outside of the state sometimes. That would be so fun! I hope you have a great time on your trip.

Jay said...

SingleBabe,

Cancun's the better deal for sure. But they deserve it.

Cedia,

I laughed so hard when that baby rhino shot out. I never expected that one.

Jay

babydufus said...

wow that rhino thing... looks like some sort of weapon...