Friday, November 05, 2004

Beer Fest

Otter Creek Oktoberfest
It's been about two weeks since the Great International Beer Fest. My brother and I brought home just over 10 cases of beer. I just did a little beer administration and I've got 4 cases set up as mixed 12 packs for easy deployment to the refrigerator. I absolutely love having a constant variety of beers to choose from. Wait, I didn't mention that even though we had over 10 cases of "free beer" (we did volunteer at the beer fest and put a 14 hour day, but we didn't have to shell out any cash) we've each bought beer in the last two weeks. Of course there's a good reason for that. These were beers that we hadn't found commonly and knew the other brother hadn't had a chance to sample. Aren't we considerate?

So we have a lot of beer, we've enjoyed it immensely and we've even picked up a few that we hadn't tried. Guess what we're doing tomorrow night? We're going to the Boston Belgian Beer Fest. With the Blues n Brews Festival at the beginning of October this will be three beer festivals in less than two months.

Future beer activities include putting together a website featuring our beer bottle collection(In the past I've always referred to it as "my" beer bottle collection, but I realized that my brother has contributed as much to it as I have, so it will heretofore be known as "our" beer bottle collection) and possibly getting equipment to brew our own.

I love beer.

Jay

No comments: