Monday, November 29, 2004

Brushes with Fame

Yesterday my brother was watching Awesomely Badder Fashion on VH1. I'm standing there watching it for a minute and two girls come on to comment on something. My brain goes a little something like this. "Hey these girls are pretty cute. Hmmm, that name seems familiar. Wait that can't be... It is, I read her blog." I say to my brother, "I like, know her kind of. I've e-mailed her and... hey, I've given her html advice."

If you like criticizing celebrity fashion you should definitely check out the site that got the girls onto the show.

Today I hear on the radio that Julia Roberts is a new mother of twins. I actually met Julia close to ten years ago when I was deployed to Haiti. Congratulations Julia.

So I've had two "brushes with fame" in as many days. It's amazing how significant having had contact with someone you see on tv seems.

No comments: