Monday, November 15, 2004

I know better... part 2

airplane sunset
and I almost run right past my gate. I get onboard and settle in. I'm glad I didn't kick myself back in the line, because having to sit now wouldn't be very fun.

I saw a full spectrum sunset through the window of the row in front of me. I managed to get this shot of it, but it doesn't do it justice.

Since I didn't download a book to put on my Palm I read the airline magazine. It would have been nice to have some music, but I couldn't convince myself to go pick up a soldering iron on Friday night to fix my mp3 player. Perhaps I wouldn't have noticed the sunset if I had those other forms of entertainment but it sure would have been nice to have the distraction.

Once I got here to St Louis I realized that I had downloaded directions from the hotel to a brewpub, but I hadn't gotten any directions from the airport to the hotel. "Not to worry," I think. After all I have a map program on the Palm. That's what it's for. Oops, I didn't download the map with St. Louis. I guess I'll have to rely on the directions Avis can give me, except that they give me the wrong card. But they were nice enough to include a map in the Avis folder which got me going in the right direction. As I'm cruising down the road I hit the scan button on the radio, since of course I don't have an mp3 player with me, and find Howlin' Wolf singing about his lil red rooster. At this point I know everything is just fine.

Now I'm sitting in my hotel, using the free high speed wireless internet and digesting the free cookies they gave me. The moral of this story certainly is not to shirk responsibility because everything will turn out ok anyway. The moral is to keep a positive attitude until you know you're screwed. Then you need to keep a positive attitude too. Otherwise you'll be sitting somewhere with a sore butt and that's never fun.

Jay

1 comment:

cedia said...

Got a map to the Pub but not the Hotel? LOFL. That's something I would do! So glad you made it on board.