Friday, December 31, 2004

crazy cubemate

I heard my cubemate say to his wife on the phone, "I was looking at those things you can make dough with." I'm not sure how she replied, but she definitely didn't understand what he meant because he was trying to describe it a different way.

"A mixer.", I say.

"Oh yeah a mixer.", he says. "Thanks"

His conversation continues and I hear him say, "... those good ones. Kitchen Aid, right."

The scary thing is that I knew he was talking about Kitchen Aid when I said mixer, I've known him for two years and she has lived with the guy for 20 or more. Shouldn't she understand him a little better than me?

3 comments:

cedia said...

Ha! Great story! I didn't even know he meant mixer. Granted, I kept reading the sentence over and over and didn't move on to read the rest of the story. I totally thinking this was gonna be about sex or something... I was trying to relate dough with anything sexual but all I came up with was breasts. I'm pathetic.

Jay said...

So are you saying that all of my posts are veiled stories about sex or that you're looking for sex any way you can get it? How'd that Christmas orgasm thing go btw?

Kicking Bitch said...

No, no. I'M the one that will take it any way she can get it...except with the guy that the whole family wants me to hook up with...anyway...

After a certain period of time, we stop listening to our significant others...she probably wasn't listening to him. I've asked a guy "what?" like 4 or 5 times before I really paid attention to what he was saying. Of course, he was REALLY boring. He didn't last long.