Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Subway Soap Star

I used to work at Subway and I just don't understand these kids that work there these days. When I worked there I would regularly make three or four sandwiches at the same time if they were all going to be on the same order. The thing I hated the most is when a person would order one sandwich and wait until I had wrapped it up and taken off my gloves before they said, "Oh, I have another one." Especially if there was a line waiting. Putting those gloves on is one of those inverse proportion laws. The more people waiting the longer it takes to get them on.

Today I went to Subway for lunch with a couple of my friends. Since I had left my wallet at home today (which I did find on my floor, but not as quickly as I expected. I guess I should probably clean or something.) one of my buddies was covering me for lunch. Of course I tried to help the guy out by saying, "We're going to be together if that makes a difference to you." Apparently it didn't make any difference to him because he made my sandwich, wrapped it up, took off his gloves and was waiting for me near the register until I said, "The two of us are paying together."

Now I would assume that he just didn't hear me tell him the first time but... Right after I said that one of my pals made a snide comment about us "being together" so I jokingly replied, "Oh, not that we're together...". The Sandwich Artist (if that's what they're still called) said, "Hey that's your thing. It doesn't matter to me."

I love to give people options for why they may have done something, so here they are:

1. He took my statement of "Oh, not that we're together..." as a recant to my original statement and thought I was one of those screwed up customers that can't make up their mind. With those people you just ignore everything they say until they announce "Foot long turkey on wheat bread."

2. He believed I was making a statement about the state of my relationship with my friend and I was asking for his approval. "I don't care. I'll still make you a sandwich."

3. He's a dope.

The girl there is so much more efficient. And she's much nicer to look at. Of course I've never seen her handle four... never mind.

5 comments:

cedia said...

LOFL. This sounds like one of those initial I'm-slowly-coming-out-of-the-closet stories. Kidding. Kidding!

I can almost hear the Subway Artist say that. Too funny. You should've called your friend "sweety" just for the heck of it! LOFL.

Didn't anyone ever tell you women are the better of the sexes? You wanna see her handle four? Next time order four 12inchers. :)

Kicking Bitch said...

Omigod, Cedia! You are so bad!

But having said that, I'll let you all know that I had sex in a Subway Sandwich place's women's restroom once.

Thank you, thank you.

Jay said...

Cedia, I'd rather hear her ask for four footlongs.

Rene, did you use condiments?

cedia said...

You're right, Jay. 4 footlongs sounds so much better.

And I sure do hope Rene used condiments.

Kicking Bitch said...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I honestly can't remember. Given the heat of the particular moment, we probably didn't.