Monday, December 13, 2004

Daisy-framed?

Over the weekend I bought these gerbera daisies with the intention of taking a picture of them that I could give to a friend as a present. Unfortunately I never quite made it outside to take some pictures in sunlight and now the daisies are too droopy. The only flowers I usually keep around are origami, so it's kind of odd to see petals start to wilt.

Below are the two shots I like the best. My room makes a pretty poor background so the original background was replaced on one of them to spare your eyes. Pretty flowers brighten up a room and all, but they don't do miracles.



Now I have to ask for your help. Is either of these shots "wall-hanging" quality? If yes which one? I can always get more flowers, so don't be afraid to say, "Sorry Jack, these are whack."

Speaking of "wall-hanging" quality photos, I received my print from Bryan on Friday. It looks great. I took it to get framed and the lady there was remarking at how nice it was. There was a big discount on the mounting, matting and framing if I dropped it off and picked it up in January, so I have to live without it being around for a couple of weeks. Thanks Bryan.

7 comments:

Kicking Bitch said...

Black background! Black background! Gorgeous!

gal artist said...

I agree, I love the orange against the black, it makes the flowers stand out more. I would hang it on my wall.

Jay said...

Thank you both very much. Putting fresh eyes on things always helps.

deanne said...

Yep I'm with Rene on this one -- the bottom one is great.

Gerbera daisies are gorgeous btw, I especially love the fuschia coloured ones.

Pep said...

Yes. Black is the best.

:)

cedia said...

You definitely have talent and a great camera. I'm with Rene, go black! However both are very nice!

Jay said...

Thank you all for the great feedback. Black background definitely is the better shot. My perfectionist tendencies won't allow me to fully accept it, so I'm gonna get some more flowers and recreate it, but better... I hope.