Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

moon at sunrise


Everyone at my place went out last night so my brother came up and we played a little Mortal Kombat and watched Spider-man 2. To ring in the new year we popped open a nice bottle of Hennepin and watched the ball drop. Yes it's a beer, but it had a cork so it's perfectly good for such a celebration. After that he crashed and I headed to bed so I could make into work today.

I got up, took my shower and got ready to go and I still had fifteen minutes before I needed to leave to make it here for eight. So I made the mistake of jumping online for a few minutes. Next thing I know it's eight and I'm just getting in my car. Bad news since it takes forty minutes to get to the office.

When I pulled into the parking lot I knew something was wrong. There definitely should have been more cars. The door to the building is locked. There's no one here. I don't have a way to get any more information except to drive all the way back home.

I decide to wait until nine to see if people show up and sure enough they do. So I went from being very late to being pretty early just like that. I guess it works out well in the long run, but now I'm kind of aggravated because I could have slept an hour longer, not screwed around and been here on time. I like my sleep. Especially in the mornings. Maybe I'll let myself sleep in tomorrow since that's my birthday.

So my new year is off and running. I hope everyone is enjoying the start of their new year.

7 comments:

cedia said...

It's always a mistake hopping online when you have a few minutes to spare.

Happy 2005 and 29? 30? 31? 32? I'd say no more than 32. Was I anywhere close?
Anyhoo, happy birthday!

Kicking Bitch said...

Well why was everybody late? Just hung over? WHY was the office even open? I've never worked for an office that was open on the 1st.

Jay said...

Cedia, you're right. Going online when you have a free minute is trouble. I'm not officially 29. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Rene, they weren't late, I was early. I hadn't looked at the schedule to see that we were supposed to be there at 9. I just assumed that I was supposed to be there at 8. My company makes software for financial institutions and they have to process a bunch of stuff to close out the year. We have to be available to support them. I was told I could leave after just two hours, which was really nice.

Jay said...

"not officially" should be "now officially"

Pep said...

Happy Birthday, lad!

:)

Jay said...

Thank you Pep.

cedia said...

Damn, I'm good! 29!! Have a good one!