Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Will work for beer

A friend of my cousin's husband is trying to get connected to Xbox Live. I told him what he needed to get but he keeps running into problems and he has no experience with this type of thing. He finally asked me if I would go over his house and set it up for him for $50 because the cable company told him it would cost about $300 for them to do it. I said, "No man, I work for beer. Hook me up with a six pack and I'll take care of it for you." I've never seen someone so excited to buy a six pack in my life.

3 comments:

Kicking Bitch said...

Just don't drink and drive! Dee and I kick people's asses for that offense.

Pep said...

Aaaah, Christmas time. The only time of the year when a techhead can make some moolah.
But then again, they expect you to setup a continuous support contract after that... especially to fix the trojans, virusus and 'those pictures' that they 'may' download 'by accident'.

:)

Jay said...

One of the reasons I work for beer is so it doesn't feel like a real transaction. And the person knows that they're gonna have to go out and buy the six pack instead of just handing me some cash as I head out the door after fixing it for them. I don't make the beer purchase very easy on them either. I showed this kid one of the bottles from my collection and told him that's what I'd like. He asked where I got it from and I said, "I don't remember. That was about 4 years ago." But that all makes it nice even trade doesn't it?

Rene, good rule!