Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm Back

view from alta


I had a great time this weekend in Salt Lake City. The main office for my company is there and a few of the people from my department work out of that office. Another co-worker from my office and I decided to go out there and visit since we don't get to see everyone as often as we'd like. It ended up being one of the best vacations. There was no stress about what to do every day. We just hung out and enjoyed being with friends.

We did go Skiing on Monday and I was able to get some great pictures. They were worth all the spills I took coming down the mountain. This was only my second time skiing ever. We did two runs down green trails from one lift and then decided to go on a lift that went higher up the mountain. The view was absolutely breathtaking but we found out that there were no green trails to go down.

I'm a trooper so we start down a blue trail. We didn't get far before I went down... about ten feet in fact. That trend continued most of the way down the mountain and I was getting really tired of losing a ski and having to get it back on. I also realized it was much easier when I was sliding down on my back than when I was up on the skis. So I did the only logical thing the next time I fell. I got on my back, put my feet up to keep the skis from hitting the ground and popping off and put my hands in the air to reduce the friction so I would slide further, laughing the whole way.

My friends said I looked like a turtle that was stuck on his back, which was passed onto my boss and I got to work yesterday to find an e-mail from her that announced my name was being officially changed to "Turtle".

The pictures I was able to get from the top were worth all of it though. In fact I came away with some sore muscles but no bruises... not even to my ego.

7 comments:

cedia said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I truly love that picture there. The sun rays are beautiful!

Pep said...

Sounded brilliant there.
Did you do that picture? Fantastic! Posting more?

:)

Jay said...

Thank you Pep. I certainly did take that picture. If you click on it, it takes you to my online album of pictures from the trip.

Pep said...

Aaahhhhh. Silly me. Just looked... and the pics are fekking stunning!

:)

Queen on the run said...

Love the photos,the wet leaf is awesome! and the mirror pics tre cool! Like your blog alot your a funny guy....:)

Queen on the run said...

You are giving ansel adams a run for his money!Awesome Jay just awesome!:)

Jay said...

Thank you Queen, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I will be able to keep you entertained with both pictures and stories.

Pep, thank you again.