Monday, January 24, 2005

No Notification Blues

snow desert


I hate it when I run out of "things to look up". You know, that lull you hit when you've been online for a few days straight and you've seen the latest on all of your favorite sites. I usually get over that by checking my numerous e-mail addresses or maybe some people's blogs and my mind snags on something I want to go searching for. Unfortunately I've set myself up to get notifications for everything. I have so many things that notify me that something's happened that it's almost depressing when none of them is going off. Maybe that means I should get out from behind the computer and watch a movie or something. That's bound to make me think of something I want to look up. 8-รพ

2 comments:

Pep said...

That's a classic symptom of how this world of technology builds even more unreasonable stress into our lives! We have the facility to be connected where ever we are, and when the shit hits the fan we get nailed big time, equally so we feel a sense of 'loss' if we're not being bombarded by the same!
We're all going slowly nuts now!

Procrastinate-F5-Procrastinate-Refresh-Procrastinate-F5.... aaarrgghhh!!!

:)

cedia said...

I've ran into having absolutely nothing to look up before. It's quite boring at that point. Then realization hits you hard that you are really pathetic because you don't know what to google next, due to long hours on the computer.

Next search: make it a kinky search under Google Image. Yeah!