Sunday, January 09, 2005

Latest Photo Project

This week while I was driving back and forth from work I kept thinking about how I didn't have any daylight time to take photos. I decided the only thing to do was come up with shots I could take at home. Well here are the results:






Neither of those photos has been altered from the way it came out of the camera except for resizing. This next one I put together in Paint Shop Pro:




I guess I can understand why people are always telling me I look scary/mean now.

My family got me the photo printer(HP Photosmart 8450) that I asked for, for my birthday. I'm working on printing out my favorite photos and making an album. I've also framed my first photo and hung it on the wall.




Very exciting stuff. For me. That is all.

5 comments:

cedia said...

awwww,,, the framed photo is beautiful. Looks like an ansel adam photo.

Did you take the other photos with a timer shot or something? cool and the edited one is wayy scary.

Jay said...

Thanks Cedia. It reminds me of an Ansel Adams photo too. Specifically his Oak Tree, Snowstorm which I really love. I had given my ex a framed poster of that shot and I really miss not getting to see it anymore. I do have a copy of Moon and Half Dome but I didn't dare hang my picture next to it. There is still a world of difference.

I got those shots by setting the shutter speed to 8 seconds, turning the flashlight on while I was in one spot, turning it off, moving and turning it on in the other position.

I think I've now put more information in this reply than I put in the original post.

cedia said...

ohhh the moon and half dome is gorgeous! I only live two hours away from there.

deanne said...

Wow that edited one IS a bit scary!

I like the one of you facing yourself off though -- photos like this always make me wish I had a *proper* camera! (And the money to take classes to learn how to use it!)

Jay said...

Cedia, I'm jealous. I'd love to be able to go there.

Dee, I really like my camera, but essentially it's still a digital point and shoot. I had always felt the same way as you about wanting a camera and classes. I got this camera about 9 months ago and on this past halloween I spent the day taking pictures with my younger brother who had taken photography in high school. He gave me the basics, I asked a ton of questions and I've been off and running ever since. So maybe if you have any friends that are photographers you could ask them for a lesson.