Thursday, March 17, 2005

Tolls

Ice Stamp

Tolls are really annoying.

I had to drive down to New Jersey this week for work and these are the annoying things I noticed about tolls from the trip.

Alot of times you only get hit up going one direction. You can take 95S through New York without having to fork over any cash, but there are two toll stops when you're northbound.

The signs telling you that you're going to have to stop and pay a toll are too close to the actual toll stop. Do they not realize that some people need to scrounge around on the passenger side floor to get enough change for their $1 toll? Here's a tip if you need some extra time. Get in the lane with a big truck. One truck takes longer than three cars.

It costs more to go over one bridge into NYC (but only if you're headed north) than to drive through the entire state of NJ.

One last unrelated observation. While I was stopped because of traffic on a bridge I saw a sign that said, "No stopping on bridge." I swear the sign placers are messing with people.



I just noticed that I forgot to post the possible vacation locations for voting on Sunday. I will put them up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pep said...

The bridge near me gets you both ways.
Bastards!
It's funny, I can comment almost everywhere else, but can't comment on my own dang blog!

:}

cedia said...

I hate toll bridges. Only see it when I go to the bay area. Must must have change or what they do is, they send you an invoice that will cost probably $5.00 to process for a $2.00 bill.