Friday, March 11, 2005

Cough Drops

Us bloggers love to review things. I'm not so big on doing those book and movie reviews though, so I'll review something else I've had close experience with lately. Cough Drops.

Halls Mentho-Lyptus - All of the cough drops in Halls line give you that great vapor action. If you're looking to mentholate your mouth then Halls is the way to go. Believe it or not the different flavors actually have different amounts of menthol and the Mentho-Lyptus weighs in with 6.5mg. Even though other flavors have more menthol I found that this one made me want to suck air in and exult in the mentholation. This particular flavor is fairly neutral but pleasant. This means it's less likely to get sickening quickly.

Halls Cherry - With 7mg of menthol you get a good amount of vapor action. The flavor is strong and is fairly unbearable after just a few drops.

Halls Honey-Lemon - This is a pleasant enough flavor but over time it can give you the same sickening sweet feeling that I found with all of the Halls that I've used. This one has 8mg of menthol. It really is a good combination of flavor and vapor action in general.

Halls Strawberry - This has to be my personal favorite of the Halls line. There is only 3.1mg of menthol in these which is perfect for those times you just need enough to take the edge off. The flavor is quite good without getting overpowering quickly.

Robitussin Honey Cough Honey Almond - There are others in the Honey Cough line but these are the only ones I've tried. Based on my experience I'm more than willing to test out other flavors as well. You only get 2.5mg of menthol and they don't have the same type of vapor action happening that the Halls do. That's not always a bad thing however since sometimes you don't need your mouth to be frosted like a good beer mug. There is real honey used in these which really does help soothe your throat and gives you a very pleasant flavor experience. There is a gooey center that might be straight honey which spreads out over your tongue and throat like a soothing balm. Yeah, I like these. Alot.

One further recommendation would be to have multiple flavors available. If you're sucking these things down like the candy that they really are you'll probably get sick of any one flavor.

I just looked back over this and I even think it's lame. Too bad though I'm publishing it anyway.

I'm still taking vacation location recommendations.
|
|
V

2 comments:

The Smoking Redhead said...

How is that cough doing?

Any better?

Anonymous said...

Ola, what's up amigos? :)
Hope to get some help from you if I will have any quesitons.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)