Sunday, February 06, 2005

Year of the Rock Gym

my brother climbing


I bought the camera. Woohoo, how exciting! I can't wait until it gets here.

Back in January my brother(the guy in the picture up there) and I decided to start going to the rock gym on a regular basis. Unfortunately that was January of last year and we never really put our plan into action.

Well 2005 is the year of the rock gym. We've outfitted ourselves, prepaid visits and have managed to go twice this last week. Yesterday we even found a really nice place to eat not far from there. So there are no excuses to not go now. I can walk in, tell them my name, put my stuff on and start climbing. Afterwards I can go have a good meal with a good selection of beers on tap. Hey, you need to replenish carbs after a workout, don't you? No? That's ok, it's still better to have one beer at a restaurant after a workout than three at home in front of the computer. Plus it's good motivation. Hey, I wonder if they would let me hang beers at the top of the wall. They'd probably look at me like I'm crazy if I asked. I'll have to ask them. I like it when people look at me like I'm crazy.

On a related note. If you live in RI(or closeby) and you're looking for something fun to do check out the Rhode Island Rock Gym. They're open until midnight every day and the staff is always friendly.

1 comment:

deanne said...

Oh I'm so glad you bought the camera! Can't wait to see some of pics you catch with it.